We’re back with Episode 5, “The Child’s Voice in Court: The Role of the Guardian ad Litem,” for our Beyond the Bench Season 2 podcast. In this episode, we take a break from our court cases to focus on the child. Find out how the child’s perspective is represented in court, through a guardian ad litem and the child him or herself.
Listed in order of appearance, featured guest interviewees include:
- Cindy Bizzell, GAL Services Administrator, NC Guardian ad Litem Program
- Deana Fleming, Associate Counsel, NC Guardian ad Litem Program
- Carmen Mugge, GAL Volunteer, Wake County Guardian ad Litem Program
- David “Dee” Hord, Attorney Advocate, Wake County Guardian ad Litem Program
- Honorable Denise Hartsfield, Judicial District 21 (Forsyth County)
- Honorable Cheri Siler-Mack, Judicial District 12 (Cumberland County), and
- Honorable J. Corpening II, Chief District Court Judge, Judicial District 5 (New Hanover and Pender Counties
You can listen to this (and past) episodes on our podcast website or through Itunes and Stitcher. I hope you like it. Please share your feedback and don’t forget to leave a review if you listen through Itunes or Stitcher.