Tag: parties
  • Intervention in Custody and Child Support Cases

    It is not uncommon for third parties to assert rights or claims against parents litigating child custody and child support. For example, grandparents frequently want the court to grant them visitation rights as part of a custody order resolving a dispute between the child’s mother and father. Similarly, the IV-D child support enforcement agency or a non-parent who has been caring for a child often need to assert rights or claims in child support cases pending between the child’s parents.

    Before these people can assert claims or rights in an existing case, they must become parties to the case through the process of intervention.

    Continue Reading

^ Back to Top