I am excited to announce our new listserv for appointed guardian ad litem (GAL) attorneys in G.S. Chapter 35A adult guardianship cases. This new listserv administered by the School of Government is available for guardian ad litem (GAL) attorneys appointed in G.S. Chapter 35A adult guardianship proceedings across North Carolina.
The listserv is not for:
- Attorney advocates or the GAL appointed to represent juveniles in child welfare cases. See G.S. 7B-601 and G.S. 7B-1108.
- Rule 17 GAL appointed for adults in civil proceedings such as abuse, neglect, dependency and termination of parental rights proceedings. See G.S. 1A-1, Rule 17; G.S. 7B-602(3); and G.S. 7B-1101.1.
- Clerks of superior court, including elected, assistant, and deputy clerks of superior court.
- County department of social services (DSS) staff and attorneys.
Note, DSS attorneys may sign up for another SOG listserv available here.
Our goals for the listserv include:
- Engage GAL attorneys representing respondents in adult guardianship proceedings,
- Provide a discussion forum for attorneys to ask and answer questions,
- Provide a vehicle to share opinions, experiences, and sample forms,
- Identify training needs, and
- Notify attorneys of training opportunities.
Click here and follow the instructions on the website to subscribe. Remember this is a discussion listserv, so we hope to hear from you. If you have an issue that may have been addressed previously on the listserv, you can search the archives of prior discussions. You will need to set a password to access the archives, which is available for up to 365 days.
We look forward to connecting with you and hearing your thoughts.