This will be the last On the Civil Side blog post for 2016. We will be back on January 11, 2017. That gives you plenty of time to listen to Episode 4, “The Case Plan: In and Out of Court,” for our Beyond the Bench Season 2 podcast, available now!
This episode picks up where episode 3 ended. There’s been an adjudication of child neglect and an initial disposition order entered by the court. Now the family and department are engaged in case planning. The court is monitoring the progress and ultimately deciding what the final goals for the family are through periodic review and permanency planning hearings. Find out what’s involved both in and out of court.
Listed in order of appearance, featured guest interviewees include:
- Christina Triplett, Program Manager, Catawba County Department of Social Services
- Jessica Ford, Program Manager, Catawba County Department of Social Services
- Deana Fleming, Associate Counsel, NC Guardian ad Litem
- Honorable Denise Hartsfield, Judicial District 21 (Forsyth County)
- Honorable Cheri Siler-Mack, Judicial District 12 (Cumberland County)
- Jamie Hamlett, Staff Attorney, Alamance County Department of Social Services
- Honorable J. Corpening II, Chief District Court Judge, Judicial District 5 (New Hanover and Pender Counties), and
- Dorothy Hairston Mitchell, Assistant Clinical Professor at NC Central School of Law Juvenile Law Clinic and Parent Attorney.
You can listen to this (and past) episodes on our podcast website or through Itunes and Stitcher. I hope you like it. Please share your feedback and don’t forget to leave a review if you listen through Itunes or Stitcher.